Key D3000 Features
* 10MP CCD sensor, 3872×2592 pixels
* ISO sensitivity from 100 to 1600 plus Hi 1
* Multi-CAM 1000 AF module with 11 AF points, center point cross type
* Large 3-inch LCD
* Nikon EXPEED image processing
* Nikon Active D Lighting
* Auto sensor cleaning
* 3 frames per second continuous capture
* 6 scene modes: portrait, landscape, child, sports, close up and night portrait
* New on-camera Guide Mode for quick learning
* File formats: RAW, JPEG fine, normal, and basic, RAW + JPEG basic
* Date/Time imprint on the JPEG images
The Nikon D3000 is an entry-level DSLR, but don't let the term fool you. When you place the label "Entry Level" on a camera, it might call to mind a camera with no frills, limited uses, and little more to offer than an automatic shooting experience. This has been disproved by the latest crop of cameras released in the past two years, and the D3000 continues to set the bar high for an entry-level camera. This new generation of point-and-shoots and entry-level DSLRs not only push the boundary of low-light performance and mega resolutions, they give that power to a whole new audience of beginning photographers.
The new 3inch LCD which is larger than the old model D40.
ISO can be expends to Hi1 which is 3200.
With a New Guide Mode, easily decide on those settings for a beginner.
Only shooting, no video, no live view.
Sluggish image buffer.